Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.

1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?
Send cards throughout the year - LINK

We travel a few times a year and during the layovers, we get something to eat. If there is a man or woman in uniform in the line with us, we pay for their meal. ________
2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?
I had to literally walk around my house. I have a skirt with red, white & blue. Here is a photo of what it looks like (from the Anthropologie website): 


 
________
3. Does love really conquer all?
In human terms, I don't think so. In Godly terms - YES! God forgives no matter what we have done or not done.
________
4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?
Neither. Could I choose chocolate covered potato chips instead?
________
5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?
If she asks. I go to a "cheap-o" hair place and I don't think they really care.
________
6. Does money lead to selfishness?
Not for everyone. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Give me a few million bucks and I will let you know.
________
7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?
The couch in the master bedroom. We re-did our house over the last few years. The master went light blue with accents of silver, gray and white. It is very clean and modern. We were given a couch from the retirement community where we worked and although it is clean, it doesn't fit in with our modern style. Here is a photo of the current couch: 

This would be our dream couch: 
________
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love my life. I am so happy to be able to spend time with my husband each day. Tomorrow we are painting the front of the house and I am actually looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a nice gesture to pay for their meals. I thought I recognized you when I saw you are from Long Island. You are The Chatty Mommy's cousin, right? I am a Long Islander too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa. Yes, I am The Chatty Mommy's cousin. I grew up on Long Island and now live with the hubby in PA. I read your blog daily :) I have to remember to turn my sound down before I do though - it is usually up all the way. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several people have mentioned paying for meals for military men/women...I'd never thought of that but will remember it for next time the opportunity comes up.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!