Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pity Party

I am linking up with Pink Slippers for this post:






Today marks THREE WEEKS since I had my "simple" knee operation. The doctor went in and scraped out the old tissue and cut and removed my plica band. Before surgery I asked for the best and worst case scenarios since my hubby & I are off to Ireland next month for our 10 year wedding anniversary. 

The doctor said that I would be back on my feet the very next day. The best case scenario would be a heal time of a few days and the worst case scenario would be a 6 week heal time. 

I thought to myself "I am young, active and will heal quick". Well, I was wrong (probably about all three). I am 32 years old, only moderately active (if you could packaging ebay items and getting up of the office chair for snacks) and heal VERY slowly. 

It has been three weeks. My knee is still swollen and bruised. I cannot bend it more than 90 degrees. I cannot walk up and down stairs without intense pain. I cannot walk more than the length of the house without it hurting. 

I have come to the conclusion that I am a baby when it comes to these types of things. Everyone tells me I am a positive person and always have a smile on my face.

Well today I feel like crying. We leave for Ireland in just a few weeks. I want to walk the beaches of Ireland; I want to climb castles. 



I am having myself a pity party. When I was younger my mom use to say to me "If you are going to have a pity party, go to your room." If my mom was here, she would send me to my room. 


.I am the one in the middle with the bowl haircut.

I'm the one squeezing that poor little girl (my cousin).




I realize there are so many blessings in my life and I could make a long list of them (but I won't). We sponsor children in third world countries through Compassion International and when we send them a bit extra, they buy things like goats and seeds and a second pair of clothing. It is heart breaking.


I realize all of this and yet my silly little knee problem is making me want to cry. And so I will allow myself a small pity party and try to get it out of my system. 


I may have to send myself to my room.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!