Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Recent Ebay Sales: Hunger Games Edition

I am one of the millions of people who has read Hunger Games. One of the guys on the church worship team posted on his Facebook account he was reading it. I had never heard of it (I rarely watch TV or listen to any kind of news) but it piqued my interest. The next day I was at TJ Maxx and they had the first book for $5.99. I picked it up with the last of my birthday money.

I got home and started to read it and couldn't put it down. I read constantly and love almost all types of literature so this wasn't anything new. I go through books quickly and I finished this one within hours.

What I like about reading is that you can skim through parts you aren't interested in...which happened a few times during the most violent parts. As an adult, I liked the book. I liked it so much that I purchased the next books on ebay. They took about 2 weeks to get to me and I read them just as quickly.

As a reader, I have read thousands of books and most have a similar plot and story line. I like something fresh and new. I loved the story of Benjamin Button - I had never heard of reverse aging in a book or movie. And this plot was different as well. I think that is probably what I enjoyed most about it.

With that said, I will not be one of the millions of people going to see the movie of The Hunger Games. I would not be able to skip the violent parts (unless I went to the bathroom a lot!) and it wouldn't be worth it for me.

But I was one of the people that sold the book on ebay! Here are my results...

1. The first book I purchased for $5.99. I purchased it to read it; not necessarily to make money. It sold for $9.10 which means I got paid a couple of dollars to read the book. Ha!


2. I purchased the 3 book series from the UK on ebay for $19. I was shocked when they sold for $38!

________________________

My father-in-law is coming home from rehab today. He lives alone about 1 mile down the road from us but for the next few days or possibly weeks my husband & I will be taking turns to be with him around the clock. Please continue to pray that things go smoothly.

My husband installed grab bars in the bathroom, a pull-up system over the bed so he can easily pull himself up and swing his legs over the side of the bed and he has a power lift chair. We have moved his bedroom to the bedroom closest to the bathroom so he doesn't have to walk far and we will be making meals for him while we are up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!