Saturday, April 7, 2012

Church Easter Cookies

I volunteered to bake cookies for our church again. I try to do this every 4-6 weeks. Today I made a few different kinds including one I have never done before.

1. Betty Crocker Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies - these are one of the most requested, favored cookies of the church. Here is the recipe: LINK



2. Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cookies. I have done these just one time before. Here are a few photos before the icing & nuts. And here is the recipe: LINK




3. A new recipe for me: Dark Chocolate Orange-Apricot Cookies. I tried one and it is amazing. Yum, yum, yum! LINK for the recipe.




I drizzled dark chocolate over them instead of dunking them in the chocolate (a suggestion on the Betty Crocker website) and they look delicious!

4. Plain old sugar cookies. I used the Betty Crocker sugar cookie packets. It was the first time I used my electric cookie press and dyed the dough some funky colors using a neon dye. I am going to leave the dyed flowers uniced and then ice the cut out cookies.





My Wear-Ever Super Shooter - purchased at Goodwill for $4.


I will post more photos when I ice the cookies & put them in decorative trays.

But here is what my fridge looks like:


2 comments:

  1. Amazing recipe! Thank you for sharing it with us! Now I know what to bring to my next book club night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose! Gotta love Betty Crocker :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!