Saturday, April 28, 2012

I am going to lose weight!

This is going to be a hard post for me since I am going to be completely honest.When I got married, about 10 years ago, I was thin. Too thin according to the doctors but I had a lot of stress in my life. I am 5'8" and I was wearing a size 0 or 2.


Fast forward to after our honeymoon in Mexico and I weighed 123 lbs - I had put on over 5 pounds on our honeymoon. After that I took a "split shift" job at a day care. I worked early mornings, had off for a few hours at lunch and then came back to work the afternoons. I remember weighing 128 and I was going to Curves trying to get back to my honeymoon weight. This now seems ridiculous to me since I would love to be 128!


After the day care I worked at BMW and I sold cars. It was a small dealership and I worked with just one other lady. Right across the street was this amazing place that sold fresh bread and then they would stuff it with cheese. For those of you who don't know me, cheese is my weakness. We would walk over almost everyday for lunch. I was then 134-138. This is me around 138: 







When I quit BMW, I opened a consignment shop. It was right down the street from Subway and it required a lot of sitting for hours. I didn't get enough exercise and I was at 142lbs. 


I was stuck at 142lbs (again, a fairly healthy weight for my body) for quite some time.


In 2008 I was an egg donor. Something went wrong with the operation and I was in the hospital for 10 days. I put on a lot of water weight from the swelling and was over 150lbs. I got out and lost a few pounds but was closer to 146 back then. 


Then my husband & I started managing the retirement community and although I did try a bit harder, my weight stuck in the mid to upper 140's. 


Today I weighed myself and I am 150lbs. I am sharing this with you so to keep me motivated. My "goal" weight is 138-142. 


Right now I feel heavy and "blobbish" as I call it. In the last 10 years, I have put on 32 lbs. Now a bit of it was needed but there is no way I needed all 32 lbs. 


I am going to do something about it this time. I have tried walking lately but my knee was too sore. Now that I had the knee surgery (and it will take time to heal) and with two vacations on the way this summer, I feel this is a good time to try. 


On Facebook I have friends from my high school youth group posting their "before" and "after" shots. Here is one of them: 





This was my sister's best friend growing up. Doesn't she look awesome? Well about 10 people in her church started Isogenix about a month ago. They all lost weight and said it was an amazing thing to try. They have been posting about it for the last month and I am finally going to give it a shot. 

Isogenix is a company that produces natural products to help with weight and other health issues. They have vitamins and supplements and overall it seems like a great company. 

The 30 day cleanse is what I purchased and it was $323 with taxes & shipping and membership.  This boils down to just about $10 a day and the product is 100% guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with the taste, results, etc, you can return it for your money back. 


Since I knew all these people losing weight and they are all Christians so I know they wouldn't be lying AND it has the money back guarantee, I ordered it. 


Basically the system has you drinking two shakes (you can choose chocolate or vanilla - I chose chocolate) with any kinds of added fruits or vegetables you want plus 400-600 calories a day. Here is what my day will look like: 


8am - Fiber One Granola Bar (I need these for more fiber in my diet and they are yummy) -140 calories
10am - Shake & fruit
1pm - Smart One (Weight Watcher's brand) turkey & mashed potatoes - 200 calories
4pm - Shake & fruit
6pm - Tyson grilled chicken -150 calories
8pm - Raw carrots & salt - 100 calories 


This menu will continue for 30 days and I may change the type of Smart One meal or the carrot sticks but my calories will be around the same. The shakes have about 240 calories each plus the fruit and my diet will be around 1200-1400 calories. 


Every 7 days I will do a cleanse which means just the shakes. These may be the hardest days but everyone says you feel like you have so much more energy after a cleanse. 


I realize this post is going long so I will wrap it up. Want to know more about the cleanse? 


Here is a link about the system: LINK


I will be posting my "before" photos later today. Want to sign up and do it along with me? Feel free to contact me: EMAIL ADDRESS


Here is the link to "my" website: LINK. 

Yes, I get a bit when you buy the cleanse. Your membership is free with the order and then you can make money with each program sold. When you get to the page, choose the correct language and then go under the "products" system. Scroll down to "systems and packs" and go to the 30 day system. 


The price will be higher until you start to choose which items you want. Here is what I went with: Chocolate Isoshake, packets of the shake, powder Ionix and the liquid cleanse. 


This will show a cost of $386. But when you go through with the ordering it will change when you sign up for the auto delivery and the cost will be around $323. You can cancel the auto delivery at any time (even before the first shipment). 


I will do my first official weigh in on Tuesday and start the program on Wednesday. I am pretty excited to start and although I know it will be hard, I am willing to try it!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone is asking What is isagenix so it got me looking into it. It seems to have a lot of success but its a lot of money. I have gained a few pounds since I started my sit down job and I really want to lose some weight. I really like that it has a guarantee so I think I am going to try it. Thanks for all the great information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome. I love it and I detest diets and plans. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!