Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What do I want to be when I grow up?



I am 32 years old and I still do not know what I want to do with my life. Let me rephrase that...I'm not sure what I want to do as a career. With my life, I want to glorify God every minute of every day. I want to "serve people always" (I heard this phrase from a missionary at church this past weekend).

Currently I am selling on ebay full-time. I make a good salary and pay for benefits out of my own pocket. My hubby of 10 years and I are paying our bills and I am so thankful for this.

My hubby takes care of his father. This is a full-time job since his father can no longer care for himself. He also cleans our house and takes care of his elderly aunt & uncle's place. He loves what he does.

And I am hoping to find something I love as well.

I have sold cars and loved it. I have worked at an after-school program for kindergarteners and loved it. I have worked with seniors and loved it. I have been a professional cake decorator...and loved it! Basically, I have loved almost every job I have ever had.

Selling on ebay is kind of boring and does not let me interact with people on an every day basis. I shop at thrifts (basically my only interaction is handing the cashier my credit card) and then come home to wash, photograph, list and ship the items by myself.

I am at a point in my life where I can choose to go back to school, get a new job or just continue what I am doing. I am leaning towards one of the first two. I just wish I knew what I wanted to do. Every single job I see on the "help wanted" sites I want. Seriously...it is that bad.

Nursing? Yup, I would love to be a nurse. Teacher? Yup, that one too. Site manager? Yes please. Real Estate Agent? Yippee! Photographer? Sign me up. Missionary? Of course! I'm not even sure of what some of the jobs entail but I still want them.

There was literally not one job that I wasn't interested in on the "help wanted" sites. Okay...perhaps personal pet groomer but that is only because I am allergic to all things with fur.

I don't want to go back to school without a specific profession in mind. That just seems like money that could potentially be wasted if I get tired of my job. And so for now I am keeping my eyes open and I am praying. A lot.






2 comments:

  1. ugh...i relate COMPLETELY. it's tough for sure! i could see you as an HR person...like interviewing and training and making sure people are happy and are working to their potential.

    just my input :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to me like you are grown up and doing what you're doing! Ebay can be a huge business. I once worked for a guy who sold coats on Ebay and that's it. That's how he made his living. Coats and 50% off coupons for thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!