Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday's Florida Photos

We are on our second week in Florida and we are loving every minute of it. We are currently on Anna Maria Island and will be here for a total of three weeks. After Anna Maria Island, we are heading inland to Orlando for a few days. 

We went to a (free) Greyhound race track one night last week. It was actually quite fun! 





Notice how blonde my hair is getting from the sun? It turns that blonde every year and yet it still surprises me. 

We have also been walking every evening. I love the Florida weather!This photo was taken after a storm came through - the beach usually doesn't have seaweed on it.


And the FL schools started back up today. If I were still in school, I would be bummed school starts so earlier in the year. It still feels like summer here! I took a quick photo of a friendly crossing guard on my way to a few thrifts this morning.


Our vacation "schedule" looks like this:

7:30am: I wake up and package ebay shipments. I then get ready and go thrifting. 

10am: My hubby wakes up. He catches up on emails and eats breakfast.


11am: I am home and we start packing up for the beach and catch up on each other's mornings. 

12pm: We are at the beach until about 3pm. 

3pm: We home back to the condo, take showers and eat. 

4pm: Nap time! 

6pm: Go for our evening walk. 

7pm: Watch movies together or go somewhere local for fun.

9:30pm: I go to sleep. Yup, I am an early bird evening on vacation! The hubby stays up until 1-2am.

I believe we may be the most boring vacationers EVER. But, we like the slowness of the pace and it works for us.

   

I'm also linking up HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Anna Maria Island to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!