Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday Link Up

I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy for the "What I Wore Wednesday" series. This is my third time linking up with her blog. 



For those that don't know me, I sell on ebay full-time. I get my inventory (mostly woman's clothing) from thrift stores. This means I am at thrift stores 2-3 days a week. The rest of the week I am listing on ebay from home or taking care of my elderly father-in-law. 


I don't have a need for a fancy wardrobe (sometimes I wish I did though) and our church is very laid back. I basically wear the same 4 or 5 outfits every week. This challenge is really good for me. It has really made me examine my closet and donate a lot of things I haven't worn in awhile.

Sunday: Church



Tank: White House Black Market, thrifted for $2
Shorts: Gap, thrifted for $4 
Sandals: thrifted
Necklace: Made using a bunch of left over gold-tone pendants: two leaves and a sand dollar
Bracelet: Vintage



Monday: Thrifting



Top: Ann Taylor LOFT, thrifted for $2
Shorts: Limited, thrifted for $4
Purse: Vera Bradley, gift from my mom (my all-time favorite print-Mocha Rouge)
Necklace: Handmade by yours truly
Sandals: Merrell (I have them in every color)



Tuesday: Teaching my father to ride the senior citizen bus & then a night at Panera with the church ladies taking a coupon class

 Not a great photo! I got a new camera and need to read the manual. My lighting is off but you get the idea.

Top: Old Navy, thrifted for a few dollars
Sports Bra: Fruit of the Loom, Wal-mart
Necklace: Handmade for me by an etsy seller
Jeans: my new favorite purchase! I was at the local consignment shop giving them a huge bag of items that didn't fit me anymore and found them for $4.  


Fun Hairstyles: 

 Since I don't have many chances to dress up, I usually try crazy hair styles throughout the week. Above are double french braids. I felt like a cowgirl.

This style was one of my favorites from the front and side (below). I need a way to clean it up from the back (above). It isn't even a braid. I took two pieces instead of the normal three and just twisted. I kept adding pieces and twisting until I had both sides of my head done. Then I took both twists and gathered them into a messy bun.
 

This next style is basically what I look like on most days. I gather my hair into a loop on the top of my head. It reminds me of the 1960's. It is easy and keeps all that hair out of my face. 


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I seriously said, "Oh, my...you are cute!" out loud when I saw these pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy. You are now my favorite person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love that striped top and your hairstyles are so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!