Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

This is my first time linking up with The Pleated Poppy for her "What I Wore Wednesday" series. I have been meaning to do this for weeks but I always forget to take a photo of what I am wearing. 


This week the photos did NOT go well. For those that do not know me, I usually leave the house around 8am each morning to go thrift shopping. My hubby sleeps in until about 10am and then leaves to take care of his elderly father & work out. This means that I have no one to take a photo and I am relying on the timer on my camera. 


I came up with a lot of interesting ceiling shots as my camera slid to the floor. Ugh. This coming week I am going to try and use a tripod. 


Anyway... My life is very casual and it was fun to put a bit more effort into what I wear. 

Friday...a day at home: 

 Top: Coldwater Creek, purchased for $6 at their annual sale
Skirt: H&M, purchased at Goodwill for $2

Saturday...thrifting & errands: 
 White Tank: Gap, purchased at Goodwill for $2
Shorts: Gap, purchased at Goodwill for $3
Necklace: handmade by a resident at a retirement community

A simple fishtail braid so I didn't have to blow dry in the heat! 


Sunday...church: 
 Ballet Flats - Pour La Victoire, purchased for $18 on eBay
Skirt - Apostrophe, purchased for $2 at Goodwill 
Top - handmade for me by Lirola, purchased for $89

Sunday evening...a movie night out with friends:
Same top as above
Shorts - Gap, purchased for $3 at Goodwill
Ballet Flats - Mudd, purchased for $2 at Goodwill


Monday...thrifting:

Jersey Dress - Gap, purchased at Goodwill for $3
Sports Bra: Fruit of the Loom, purchased 3 for $10 at Wal-mart
Earrings - $3 Etsy purchase from Bonnie Lynn Designs


As you can see, I get about 90% of my wardrobe from thrift stores. I thrift 3x a week and I visit 8 thrift stores during those days. I very rarely spend more than a few dollars on a piece and I am thankful for this. Hopefully the photos will be better next week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi welcome to WIWW love your church outfit and fishtail braid
    enjoy your thrift shopping
    RaNae @ Ewe Creek Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to WIWW. It's a fun link up. Lots of outfit ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!