Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ombre Autumn Sugar Cookies


Today I made about 300 cookies for tomorrow's church service. I love, love, love making cookies. 

I made chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip, chocolate turtle and cut-out sugar cookies with icing (shown above). 

These were super easy to make. I always use the Betty Crocker cookie mix that just requires an egg and a stick of butter. 

After baking, I made a giant bowl of yellow icing. My icing is just powdered sugar and water mixed together. I dipped the leaf cookies and scraped off the extra icing on the side of the bowl. 

After dipping the first 15 cookies, I added a drop of red food coloring to the yellow icing. And then I dipped another 15 cookies. I kept adding one drop of red food coloring until I ran out of cookies. So easy! The entire process took me about 30 minutes and I had over 100 sugar cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!