Friday, June 29, 2012

Back from Ireland

The hubby & I are back in the good ole USA. It is gorgeous here in PA - about 90 degrees and sunny.


We weren't supposed to come back until July 4 but my father-in-law was back in the hospital. He needed a pacemaker and was in the critical care unit for awhile. We changed our plans and came back late last night. 


I am not sure why but I am always amazed by how God works out the details of our lives. For us to get back to PA early, we needed to change our flight. The cost was staggering but God had allowed us to receive a credit voucher for being bumped on our flight to Ireland. We were able to use that credit voucher to cover a large portion of the tickets. 


The doctor kept his father in the hospital until we could get back home. We went to the hospital this morning and he was discharged into our care. The hubby will be living with his dad (again) for awhile. Please keep our family in your prayers. 


I will be back to ebay on July 1 and am looking forward to thrifting. They did have thrift stores (which the Irish call 'charity shops') in Ireland but I didn't recognize a single brand name. Ha! 


Here are a few more of our Ireland photos. Our last few days in Ireland were full of sunshine. We were able to visit almost everything we had wanted before we came home. 

At Glendalough: 



 At the Avoca Mill, where they still do hand weaving:
 A random castle we found along one of our drives:
 My husband befriended a few local horses close to the house we were staying in:
 Our Home Exchange house & car:

Tomorrow I will be posting my post-vacation weight. I ate a ton of McDonald's, pasta and potatoes. We will see how much I have to lose to reach my new goal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!