The basement. Our home is super organized. If we don't use it, we throw it out, donate it or sell it. But, the basement under our home is huge and stores all the stuff we don't use on a regular basis but still need (our car carrier, bicycles, air mattresses, painting equipment, etc). I would love to organize this better (as would the hubby) but I think it is going to take some money. We will see.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I actually love uniforms but have only had the opportunity to wear two. My first job was at an ice cream shop in New York. I wore a green logo t-shirt and khakis. There was a matching green visor. I liked not having to think about getting dressed in the morning but I guest this would be the "worst" since I don't have too many other choices.
While I was engaged and then for the first two years of marriage, I was a cake decorator. I was able to wear anything I wanted but used a chef coat-type thing to cover my clothing. It was great. The coat covered everything.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'?
I was going to make blueberry muffins for my father-in-law who loves them. I bought the mix and dumped it into the bowl with the blueberries, oil and water. And then I realized I had just used the last of the eggs. I was out of eggs. But, I had already started the mix and couldn't save it. So I tried adding a bit of butter and water. Yeah, they didn't turn out so well. They went straight into the garbage after we tasted them.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
Thankfully I don't have too many people in my life who are negative. When I hear complaints or criticisms, I try add positive thoughts to the conversation or stay out of the conversation completely. For example, I heard someone saying that our church pastor should spend more time with the church members instead of his family. Ummmm...what? I spoke up and said something like "How wonderful we have a pastor who focuses on his family! I'm sure there are a ton of pastors out there who don't." and then walked away.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I'm not sure many people have commented on my physical appearance since I live 7 hours from my family. I have been told that my sister and I look alike but we were wearing the same ice cream store uniform at the time. She has gorgeous dark curls and I have medium brown straighter hair. She has hazel eyes and mine are usually green. She has smooth olive skin and mine is lighter and has flaws from my oily skin. So I'm not sure we actually look alike.
For some reason this was the only recent photo I have of my sister (sitting) and me, applying her make-up.
The color of my eyes? I get them from my biological father's side.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
Nope. I hate baths. They seem boring and take up way too much time.
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are...Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy), and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I would choose the Rio Carnivale just so I could go to a warm place in winter. (I'm assuming Brazil is the warmest out of those choices). We still have snow on the ground and it is COLD here in PA. I hate being cold.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday I found Sebastian conditioner in HUGE bottles for $1 on clearance at Big Lots. I bought 6 of them. I plan on going to another BL today to see if I can get more.