Sunday, January 27, 2013

I love Sundays!

I love Sundays. Especially Sundays where I teach children's church. And Sundays where I bring cookies to church. 

This morning I got to do both! Yesterday I baked several different types of cookies and brought them in this morning. Everyone is always so appreciative of them and it makes me feel good. I love doing the detailed piping work on the sugar cookies. 



Chocolate peppermint cookies, chocolate chip cookies, snicker doodle cookies, sugar cookies with apple cinnamon sprinkles, sugar cookies with chocolate raspberry crystals and ice cream cone shaped sugar cookies in different colors. Fun!



I had a group of 12 kids today - the perfect size for the small class room. We are separating the group soon but for now, I am teaching kids ages 4 through 11. There is a BIG difference between teaching a 4 year old and an 11 year old. It makes it fun. 

Like when I was teaching the lesson today on salvation and one of the 4 year olds raised their hand and asked the question "Were you ever a baby?". Ummm...yes...but that has nothing to do with anything. The older kids get a kick out of the younger ones.


Every time I teach, we have an ice cream soda and snack. Today we had Code Red, Fanta Orange and vanilla ice cream. (I'm sure all the parents appreciate me giving their children sugar - ha!) It keeps the kids quiet during the lesson. Then we have a craft. It goes by so fast and I always learn something while preparing the lesson.


What do you like about Sundays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!