Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Washington DC Photos

My hubby & I have been to Washington DC lots of times and there is always something to see. Today we drove into the city and found a place to park within 10 minutes. We didn't have an agenda since I wasn't sure of how my knee would hold out. 

We went into a few museums we hadn't seen and a few we have seen. My favorite turned out to be the National Museum of Natural History. There are life size replicas of hundreds of animals including dinosaurs, bears and even a whale that hangs from the ceiling. The museum also has a butterfly room and the Hope Diamond (it wasn't that impressive). 


Parking and admission were free. We wound up spending over an hour at the museum and a total of 3 hours walking around Washington DC. Today's weather was perfect - around 70 degrees and mostly sunny.

My hubby forgot to pack jeans. Seriously...it is October! And now take note of how tall he looks in this photo and how short I look in the next one. We were standing in about the same spot!  


My hubby acting silly in front of the Smithsonian Castle.

Inside the Smithsonian Castle. I loved these windows but my hubby cut off the tops. Oh well!






If you have a chance, I would highly recommend the Washington DC area. Tomorrow we may go walk around Old Town Alexandria, VA which is about 15 minutes from where we are staying.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!