Yesterday I went thrifting for the first time since my knee surgery. I only went to one store and did pretty well. I am going to shop again today. I currently have over 400 items for sale between the two ebay IDs.
I had a friend ask me why I pick brands like Ann Taylor and Talbots. The only reason is that is what my thrifts offer. If my thrifts had better brands, I would be picking them up!
My average sale is for about $20-$25 and my average piece costs $4 to purchase at the thrift. This allows me for a $10-$15 average profit per piece (about ebay/paypal fees & taxes).
Yesterday I purchased 30 pieces at the thrift in the morning and then listed those same pieces later in the day. So for one (long) day's work, I would make about $300-$450 (if everything sold). Of course not everything will sell so I will realistically make $200-$250 for one day's work.
Here are a few things that sold within the last two days.
1. Anthropologie Odille skirt, sold for $27.
2. Talbots dark red skirt suit, sold for $25.
3. Ann Taylor wrap dress, sold for $17.
4. Talbots navy blue skirt suit, sold for $17. This sold for a bit less due to my lack of photos. I just realized I only included one photo in the listing (oops!). More photos usually equal more money.
5. Willi Smith long houndstooth skirt, sold for $20.
6. I purchased this skirt based on the pattern. It is by Linea Domani and sold for $15.
7. Luella for Target bubble dress, sold for $33.
8. Coldwater Creek silk skirt, sold for $27. Sold within minutes of listing!