Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Craft: Tissue Paper Pom-Pom Flowers

I stole this idea from the most recent Better Homes & Gardens magazine. It is a simple & easy alternative to a bow on top of a present.

Step 1: Gather the supplies. You will need atleast two pieces of tissue paper, a needle and thread and a pair of scissors. You may also want a glass to trace a circle. 


Step 2: Cut the tissue paper into squares. I used a 6" square for the larger flower and 4" for the smaller. I used about 20 squares for each flower.

  
 Step 3: Cut the squares into circles. I did this by folding the squares in half. You could also trace a glass or another circle. I did mine free hand and it worked well. 



Step 5: Thread your needle and double knot the end. Push it through the layers of tissue paper and then back through. Knot the end and tape over both knots. 

 
Step 6: Cut into the circle at regular intervals. I used 8 cuts



Step 7: Start to pull the "petals" up towards the center. As I went, I twisted the entire flower a bit so the petals stayed up. Twist gently so you don't rip the tissue paper.

Step 8: Add to a package! 


  

2 comments:

  1. Love these and love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My Christmas theme is hot pink, lime, turquoise & orange - neons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!