Sunday, February 26, 2012

My night out



Well, our couple's dinner at church last night was a huge success. There were a lot of couples (some I didn't even know!) all dressed up. Our church sanctuary was turned into a banquet room and the meal was wonderful -all hand made by women in our church. Chicken Kiev, seasoned carrots, smashed potatoes, rolls, a strawberry & lemon poppyseed salad and cheesecake with a berry drizzle for dessert. Yum!

Here are the photos that I took. One of my friends snapped a bunch more and she said they will be posted to her Facebook account.

The hubby & me...married almost 10 years now. He was too tall to stand under the lighted canopy they had. LOL!



I went with a plain cocktail dress which I wear to almost all of the fancier events in my life (almost none right now). I'm glad I did since the other dress was even fancier and some woman were in pants so I may have looked out of place if I went too dressy. I borrowed the shrug from my ebay closet. Oh- and please ignore the gray shoes. They are my most comfortable heels and I do not own black heels right now.


I wore my hair in a low ponytail for the event so it stayed out of my face. But here is a photo of how my hair turned out. A lighter shade of my usual brown. Oh well, I guess I am not meant to be "strawberry blonde" (which was the shade on the three boxes I used).


Well...I better go get ready for church. We leave in an hour and I am still in my pajamas. Bye for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!