Friday, February 3, 2012

Ebay Finds & Friday Follow

Yesterday I went into Pittsburgh to three thrift stores. I purchased about 50 items for ebay and a few to keep for myself. I listed a few last night and then ran out of steam. I found a few Anthropologie pieces. I am a huge fan of Anthropologie but their items are just too expensive. There is no way I could afford (or want!) to pay $200 for a skirt or top.

Labels that are exclusive to Anthropologie go for a decent amount on ebay and the more unusual the item, the better. I found a few basic pieces but hopefully they bring a bit of cash. I only paid about $1-$2 for them each.

Here is a top by "Little Yellow Button". It is simple but cute with the bows.

Photobucket

This top is by "Edme & Esyllte".

Photobucket

I also found some Ann Taylor, Talbots, Chico's and a ton of dresses. These are what ebay sellers call "bread and butter" pieces. They are every day pieces that bring a decent amount of money but they can sit for a bit. I am hoping to have 275 items up by the end of the week and I may open on ebay store. I have been putting it off since ebay allows non-store sellers to list 50 items for free a month. But after my 50 are done this month I am going to jump in.

__________________________________

Can you believe it is Friday already? Seriously...the weeks are flying by for me. I am thrilled since I know SPRING is around the corner.

Here is the link to a wonderful blog I read almost every day:



2 comments:

  1. Ok- clear something up for me.
    I know I sound pretty ignorant in the world of anthro, but is Anthropology like Macys and they sell different clothes?
    Because I have a apostrophe jacket and was told it is anthro.
    Do they sell clothes under different names?
    If so, what are they?
    Sorry just wondering.
    Keep listing your deals- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rach - Anthropologie use to have it's own line called "Anthropologie" and there are still vintage or older pieces floating around with that name on the label. Currently they sell other brands at their stores & on their website. It is like Macy's but it is fairly exclusive.

    Apostrophe is not Anthropologie. Apostrophe is sold at JC Penney's I believe. I just sold a suit by Apostrophe and it fetched a $17 for three pieces.

    Here is a great review by a friend from the ebay clothing board that has a list of exclusive Anthropologie brands. Sellers use the key word "Anthropologie" incorrectly a lot of times and the listings are sometimes pulled because of it.

    http://reviews.ebay.com/List-Of-ANTHROPOLOGIE-Brands-Avoid-Ripoffs?ugid=10000000005389557

    I hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!