Saturday, October 29, 2011

Welcome to my blog




Welcome to my blog. This is my third month of blogging and I think I like it. It will be fun to look back in a few years and see what I wrote. Honestly though, sometimes it is a bit of a pain. It seems like I have to learn a whole new language: the language of blogging.

My name is Mellissa Rose and I am 31 years old. I have been married to a wonderful guy for 9 years now and next year we are going to Ireland to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

We have been to 39 of the 50 states and a few other countries. We are able to do this because of our awesome work schedule.

We work together to manage an independent retirement community just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. The schedule is one week "on", one week "off". On our "on" weeks, we live on-site in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment where the toilet doesn't flush well. On our "off" weeks, we go back to our home in a tiny little rural community about an hour and a half away.

I have very little patience and I crack my toes. Oh, I wish I could stop but I cannot. I also drink too much diet soda. And I have no will power when it comes to cheese or salt.

My husband and I have completely re-done our 1980's home in the last three years. Everything from building new walls to re-doing three bathrooms to painting cabinets has been done. And in 2012, we will look at the outside.

In theory, I love to craft. In reality, I have very little patience to learn more than the basics. I can knit a straight scarf. I can scrapbook basic pages and cards. I can paint and draw well...but not great. I have dabbled in almost every aspect of the crafting world.

I am not a good cook. My ideal meal consists of an item you can make in the microwave in less than 2 minutes. But I do love to bake and give away the goodies.

I love the Gulf of Mexico. My husband and I go down every year for a few weeks and it is heaven. We love to watch the dolphins jump only feet from us and float on rafts.

I have a profitable hobby selling on ebay. I go to thrift shops in the area and buy clothing. I then re-sell it on ebay for a profit. Some of my posts are tips on how to sell on ebay. Others are about nothing in particular.

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!