Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Super Fun Day

I had a great day! Every day I wake up feeling blessed...especially those days I do not have to go to work. Today was one of those days. I have so much to be thankful for.

Imagine waking up when you are no longer tired and not based on an alarm clock, eating your favorite food for breakfast, spending however much time you want in front of the computer, throwing on jeans and just a touch of make-up and GOING SHOPPING at your favorite places. Did I mention you have money to spend?

That was my day. My husband and I were blessed with a large bonus from work and we decided that each of us could use it however we wanted. I thought about new counter tops (they were $3000 and up...that would be a no!), siding for the front of our home (we will probably still do this in the spring time) and special items for around the house that I wouldn't do otherwise. I went with the latter.

We purchased wood blinds a few days ago and installed them yesterday. The other day I was searching and searching for curtain rods that I loved. I went to Target and picked out something that was okay but I wasn't "in love". Then I went to TJ Maxx and found an entire end cap of curtain rods. This is highly usual in the TJ Maxx I go to. In fact, I have never seen curtain rods there and I shop a lot. They were perfect! And guess how many they had...exactly the number I needed (4).

Today I went to Goodwill and found a bunch of stuff to sell and a few things to keep. Then I went to the Salvation Army where I learned that everything in the store was 1/2 off. I found more for ebay.

I then went to TJ Maxx and found a few items for the Christmas lists. I stopped and got fries at Wendy's (yum!) and then went to Wal-Mart. I had left over Covergirl coupons and I got 10 blushes for FREE. I told my mom that when she and my sister come for Thanksgiving that they are going to get a bunch of blushes. What in the world would I do with 10 blushes?



After shopping I came home to find my husband hard at work. I think he works harder when we have off then when we are at work (kidding...but only slightly). He was sanding a few doors that stuck and repainting them.

We spent some time together and then I finished sewing a Steelers skirt for work. An elderly woman from England use to make bibs for the other residents. She had left over material and so she gave it to me. I had JUST enough to make a skirt. I purchased elastic for about $1 and so this skirt cost me just $1!


After finishing the skirt I watched an episode of Ugly Betty on Netflix (I may be addicted to this show!).

And then I hung up my curtain rods and drapes. By myself! (Hubby is at a band rehearsal). Go me!

Here is the before with valances:

Here is the after:

The night ended with making Betty Crocker cupcakes. I forget what they are called but they have the middle filled with marshmallow icing. I only ate two. I wanted to eat all 12 though. I am giving them to our mailman who picks up hundreds and hundreds of ebay packages a year as a small thank you. I try to do this throughout the year instead of just giving a gift at Christmas.

I have about an hour left before I drop and I am going to spend it reading a book in bed. A good book.

I hope everyone had as good as a day as I did!

1 comment:

  1. Betty Crocker cupcakes!!! Yum :)
    The curtains look great, they really make a difference (although it looked nice before too). Good job doing it yourself! Glad you had a nice day off!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!