Monday, April 7, 2014

Top Ebay Sales - 4/7/14

We were away for two weeks and I ended all my listings before we left. I started them back up so they would end the day after we got back which was Saturday. 

Here are a few things that sold this weekend: 

1. A wedding dress! I found this at Goodwill for $100 and it sold for $375 plus shipping. Wedding dresses normally don't do well but this one was a Maggie Sottero and was new with tags. Maggie discontinued this style in 2011 and so it was fairly current.



2. Carole Little rayon skirt, sold for $52. The rayon was made in Germany which is desirable for some reason. 


3. Levi's black corduroy pants, sold for $46. They are off to France. I paid just $2 for them at TJ Maxx last month. 


4. Relativity spring jacket, sold for $25. 



5. Chris McLaughlin lace dress, sold for $20. 

6. Chico's colorful skirt, sold for $20.


7. Eddie Bauer down vest, sold for $26 to a buyer in Norway. I purchased this vest for $2 at Goodwill and wore it a few times. 


8. Laura Ashley floral cotton romper, sold for $35. 


9. Levi's blue men's pants, sold for $20. These were purchased at TJ Maxx for $1 last month. Woo-hoo!


10. White House Black Market silk dress, sold for $35. 


11. Vintage set of pillowcases, sold for $10. One of my thrifts had a fill-a-bag sale months ago. I threw these on top since I had just a bit of room left. They didn't bring a ton but they paid for the entire bag.


And a quick note about my knee. I had pain last night but this morning it did feel somewhat better. My husband ran into one of my old doctors (now partially retired) at the hospital last night while he was visiting his father. The doctor sat down with my husband for over an hour and talked about RSD. He did his doctorate on a similar subject. The doctor took my husband's email and they swapped cell phone numbers. The doctor gave him a script for a pain patch and promised to call after doing some research. I am going to try the Lidocaine patch later today.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mellissa! How do you wash/clean your dry cleanable items especially your dry clean only or "do not let water touch this item" etc. i found a laura ashley skirt made in the uk but i don't think it is vintage and the tag says to not get water on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for the question. There are a few options for Dry Clean Only items. If the tag says not to get water on it, I would probably do one of these things:

    1. Find a cheap dry cleaner. A lot of areas have $1.99 dry cleaners. I have been drying my dry cleaning items around for weeks since mine closed down. I really need to find another of these.

    2. Dryel - You can purchase these kits at Wal-Mart or almost any grocery store. Each kit contains enough product to 'dry clean' (in your dryer) about 8 pieces of clothing and the kit costs about $10.

    3. Invest in a Whirlpool steamer. These are pretty great - I purchased one years ago. You can basically dry clean two items at a time. The cost is about $100-$200 but it will pay for itself if you dry clean a lot of items.

    4. Don't buy dry clean. Ha. I am learning to be better at this.

    I hope this helps a bit! A few times I have tried to hand wash dry clean only items. Some came out okay but I have ruined some too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - here is what the Whirlpool steamer looks like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whirlpool-Fabric-Clothing-Freshener-Steamer-Portable-LRF4001RY-/331170845692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1b5213fc

    I think Lowes sells them as well. http://www.lowes.com/pd_353261-46-LRF4001RY_0__?Ntt=whirlpool+steamer&UserSearch=whirlpool+steamer&productId=3370186&rpp=32 They sometimes go on sale for less than $200.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!