Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 10 & Final Thoughts About Calmare

Feel free to read about my Calmare experience HERE

I had the 10th and final Calmare treatment yesterday. The machine feels amazing. I love the buzzing that is sent throughout my leg. Amazing! 

After the last treatment we drove home 5 1/2 hours. We stopped along the way to let me walk around since the vibrations of the car still aren't the best. However, it was MUCH smoother than two weeks ago. 

Two week ago I was taking 4+ pain pills. I am down to just 1 lesser pain pill a day at this point and hope to stop taking those today. Two weeks ago I couldn't stand being in a car even if we were driving a mile. Today I didn't give it a second thought when we went to visit my father-in-law. 

Would I recommend Calmare to other RSD patients? Absolutely. There is a reason people are coming from the UK, Europe and all over the US to see this doctor.

Do I think I am 100% fixed? Nope. But the pain level has gone down quite a bit. My leg muscles will need to be built back up. The leg with RSD measures 2" smaller than my other "regular" leg. I have lost all muscle tone in the RSD leg since I haven't been using it in awhile. 




On my doctor's Facebook page I found this blog which I found helpful: LINK 
Here is another link to a success story: LINK

The 10 treatments cost $2500 plus any traveling & hotel. I am going to submit all the paperwork to my insurance and see if I get reimbursed. But even if I don't, I am really glad I tried Calmare. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!