Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

Visit Joyce and join the fun!

1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
I just finished putting every single piece of my ebay inventory into individual zip-lock type bags and labeling them. In just 9 days we are driving down to Florida and I'm bringing my inventory with me. Putting everything neatly in bags makes it easier to ship and will simplify my life while on vacation.

2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini?  What's your peach pleasure?

I love fresh peaches but I'm not too keen on anything peach flavored. 


3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.

I don't agree or disagree. I am happiest when I have a set schedule or plan. Things that scare me include going on crazy amusement park rides, extreme heights... and talking to people. I can live without the first two but I constantly have to work on the third. This past Sunday was my church's annual outdoor picnic. I made myself approach two new families and introduce myself. I am getting better at this but it is still out of my comfort zone.

4. What's your favorite household chore?  Yes-you have to name one.

I really like vacuuming. We recently upgraded to a Dyson and it is amazing the amount of dust & dirt that is in my house. Ha. I also like organizing just about anything. In fact, the only two chores I hate are washing the dishes and switching the laundry from the washer to the dryer.

5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:

Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.

Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots?  If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose?  Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?

I have seen the sunset at the Grand Canyon but that is the only one off of the list. The prettiest sunset I have ever seen was in Moldova on a mission's trip. Gorgeous! 

6. What's your favorite or most used app?  If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?

Right now it is Pocket Auctions for Ebay. It allows me to look up items while thrifting. Another favorite is the Period Tracker.

7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far. 





These were the best 6 months so far! I am so blessed.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  

I had my fourth MRI on my left knee last night and it started at 11pm! We didn't get home until after midnight. I should know the results by the end of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!