Monday, August 12, 2013

Knee Update

I went to the knee doctor this morning to find out the results of my 4th MRI. For those that don't know, I had two knee surgeries last year. 

Aren't these colors awesome?
It reminds me of my kindergarten class.

Well...another surgery is scheduled for September 10th. We get back from FL 9/1 and they want to do some pre-testing on 9/4. My blood will be checked to make sure my levels are good.

The doctor isn't exactly sure what is wrong. There is a "clunking" in my knee and I got compared to a car. Ha. My knee is very loose and is shifting oddly. It is moving around way too much and causing quite a bit of pain. Stupid knee.

The surgery will be a scope which allows the doctor to explore and clean things up.

My hubby was keeping me entertained while waiting.









After the surgery in September, there will most likely be a second surgery. This will actually be my 4th surgery on the knee if you are keeping count. This next surgery will be the biggest. It will allow the doctor to cut my bone. Right now I am putting all my weight on the inside of my knee. This is causing "considerable damage". Cutting my bone will allow my weight to be distributed better. The down time is 6 weeks for this surgery.

The doctor did say that going to FL was fine. We leave in 3 1/2 days so that is a relief. I will be bringing my crutches to the beach but that won't stop me from enjoying Anna Maria Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!