Friday, March 1, 2013

Eat More Fruit & Veggies: UGLI Fruit

Week 1 was eggplant.
Week 2 was radish.
Week 3 was star fruit.
Week 4 was pomegranate. 
Week 5 was mango.
Week 6 was avacodo.
Week 7 was sugar snap peas. 
Week 8 was snow peas.

I was up to week 9. So far I hated all the vegetables. The star fruit was okay but I wouldn't eat it on a weekly basis. I needed something fairly easy this week. 

And so I purchased...UGLI fruit! My Wal-Mart had them for about $1.38. I had no idea of what they were and I asked the produce employee. He said he wasn't sure so he had googled the fruit when they came in. The only thing he knew was the name. 





I'm sooooo glad I picked this fruit. It is yummy!

It comes from Jamaica and it is a cross between an orange, grapefruit and tangerine. It has a sweet flavor mixed with a bit of tart. 




And I'm glad to say I would purchase this fruit again! Woo-hoo! 1 out of 9 isn't bad, right? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!