Friday, March 22, 2013

Persimmon tastes like potpouri

Last week was the 10th week of my New Year's resolution to taste one new fruit or veggie every week. I'm about 3 weeks behind. I plan to catch up and eat 4 fruits/veggies next week. 

I tried persimmon. TJ Maxx had a bag of dried persimmon for $4.99. That is a LOT more than I normally pay for fruit but I thought it would be worth it if I liked it. The looked fairly good in the package. 

Thanks to Amazon for the photo.
I forgot to take one!


It turns out they are awful. Truly disgusting. I felt like I was eating (and tasting) potpourri.




I ate about 1/2 a piece and then threw these out. They were that gross. $5 down the drain.

Anyway...

My father-in-law is home from the hospital. He had knee surgery about 10 days ago. My hubby has been staying with him which means we don't get to see each other as much as we are use to. It is odd to have the entire house by myself. It is very quiet (and a bit creepy) at night. 

I was going to post a photo of my father-in-law's knee but it is fairly gross. It took 50+ staples to close the incision. It is over 10" long. He was proud to show it off and I loved looking (and photographing!) it. 

I have been listing on ebay and trying to catch up on sleep. It isn't working - I was up at 5:30am this morning. Way too early

This will be my last week to sell on ebay since we are going on vacation soon. I'm going shopping today since I'm about out of unlisted inventory. I know I need a vacation when I dread shopping. Ha. 

More later. I'm too tired right now to blog anymore. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!