Saturday, February 2, 2013

Resolution Eat More Fruits & Veggies: MANGO

For those that don't read my blog often, I made a resolution to eat one new fruit or veggie every week for this entire year. So far I haven't really liked anything.

My mom suggested trying mango. It is one of her favorite fruits.


I picked one up and waited. And waited. She said they have to be mushy. 

And then I cut it up. And buy 'cut it up', I mean I mutilated it. Mango is surprisingly hard to cut. I think there is a pit in the middle. (There is...I just googled it and found out you can plant it!) I didn't cut it properly (obviously).
 

It was fairly tasty. By far better than anything else I have tried. It kind of tastes like a cross between an orange and a peach. But, it is harder to prepare than an orange or peach. And slightly more expensive. So...I probably won't be buying another any time soon. 
 

Next week...avacodo. I am scared. But...if I don't like it, perhaps I can make a mud mask?

2 comments:

  1. When I lived in New Orleans, there was a guy who ran a fruit truck a few blocks from my apartment. He always likened the mango experience to avocados because of the tougher skin and then mushy fruit on the inside. They ARE a pain to cut!!!!
    On the other hand, have you had a blood orange? I just got one on sale at Giant Eagle and it tastes like dessert--it's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a blood orange. It sounds delicious! I will be going to GE today and will check for them - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!