Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?
I think we are always responsible for our actions - good and bad. The only exception I can think of is if you are being tortured.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?
I use to live on Long Island, NY in a town of about 15,000 people. I don't know of any famous people from there. I now live in a very rural area of PA. The census of 2010 says there are 122 people in my town. Not a single one is famous. Ha.
I owned a slow cooker for a few days. I think I bought it at a thrift. I used it once and then gave it to my mom. I am not a 'plan ahead' type of person when it comes to food.
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
I should probably care more but I don't.
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
I may watch if I remember. I would rather watch the summer Olympics. If I had to pick a winter event, I would pick bob sledding. It seems like that would be the fastest event. I hate the cold.
I have been to Russia! In college I went on a mission's trip to Moldova and we spent a few days in Russia.
I have no desire to go to see the Olympics live. It seems like it would be crowded and loud. I'd rather read a good book on the beach by myself.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
I was on the gymnastics team while I was still in school. I remember my mom came to watch me at a "meet". I am sure it wasn't anything too exciting since I was in the 6th or 7th grade. But it was out of town and I felt special.
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that motivates you to at least get up off the couch?
I love Pandora and have a few different channels on there. One of my favorite songs is by Fun and it is called "Carry On". It has a Celtic vibe to it. Here are a few lyrics from the song:
If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone,
May your path be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground,
I love upbeat songs. Right now I cannot work out but I am looking forward to a time when I can start walking again.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went to my new knee doctor yesterday. He is going to research the best specialist for my RSD and get back to me. I'm encouraged that he believes that there is someone out there that can help with my pain.