Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Word of the Year


My resolution for 2013 was to try a new fruit/veggie every week. Well, that lasted about half way through the year when I kind of ran out of new items to try. I say kind of because I probably could have looked a bit harder ;) I tried a wide variety and came out liking one. Yup, one out of about 20. 

Ugli fruit. Ugli fruit is kind of a cross between an orange and grapefruit. I liked it since I like oranges. Nothing else really tasted that great. Last year's resolution was a "fail".


So for this year I decided to just on the "one word" bandwagon. "One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live. One word that you can focus on every day, all year long."

My word is SHINE. The hubby & I read a bible chapter almost every day. The other day we were reading through Philippians and came across 2:15. "So that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky."

How awesome is that last sentence? 




My prayer is that I shine for God this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!