Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Florida

We made it to Florida last night! Thank you for all the prayers. Our 3 hour drive to the airport was pretty good. My husband stopped a bunch and let me move around. We have a minivan and so there was lots of room to stretch out my leg while I was riding.

We got to the airport with plenty of time. We are always really early which is a good thing in my opinion. We got a wheelchair right away and so I wore my TENS unit. A TENS unit is a device that sends out an electric shock to the area of pain. It blocks the nerve endings and really helps. Mine is a handheld unit and I wore it the entire time at the airport and on the plane. The TSA agent was great and had a knee surgery today.

We boarded the plane first. God is truly in the details! The plane held about 150 people. There was ONE empty seat on the entire plane. When we checked in, there were no emergency row exit seats for my super tall hubby. So we got stuck at the back of the plane (row 34). The row only held two seats and so we figured the hubby could sit diagonally for the three hour trip so his legs would fit.

The only empty seat was the emergency row directly in front of us. Perhaps someone was late or perhaps the person checking us in missed it? Anyway...

The flight attendant hold my husband he could move to that seat. That put the only empty seat right next to me. That meant I had the entire row to myself. I put up the armrest and could sit with my leg outstretched. How wonderful this was! It amazes me that God worked all of this out!

Florida was in the low 50s today. MUCH warmer than the temperature back home which was negative four. Brrr! It is suppose to hit 80 by Thursday. We have never been to Florida in the winter. It is going to be fun to wear a skirt and not freeze.

We walked a bit on the beach today. It was fun to wade in the cold water. We picked up a few shells before heading back. I walked about 600 feet today which was pretty impressive! I am not caring one bit that I have some pain at the end of the walk. It was totally worth it :)

We took some photos but we cannot upload them since we only have our Nook & tablet. So I will do it next week. I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything worked out so nicely! I hope you have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,
    I recently found your blog and its fantastic! So much helpful info on here. I have been selling for about 2 years but mostly mens clothes ( I have 3 boys and one picky girl who wont let me shop for her so I seem to know men's stuff better) and I recently started doing much more womens clothes. I am actually really enjoying it and have learned so many brands on your blog! Could I ask, what is your ebay name? I would love to look at your store and see more of what you do. Thanks so much!

    Marci (ebay ID cooks015)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marci,

    Thanks so much for the compliments. I find selling woman's clothing is a bit easier than men's but that is just my opinion. My ebay name is: freshbloominclothing. Right now everything is on vacation mode and hidden but I will be re-opening my store tonight or tomorrow :)

    Thanks again, Mellissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!