Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Follow

I haven't been posting as often as I like. Mostly because I don't have as much time as I would like.

As most of you already know, my hubby & I were laid off from work last month. Well...he was fired (stupid thing really) and I was let go since it was a couple's job.

In the last month we have been praying for unemployment to come through. It took over a month, but we are finally getting unemployment. I have worked for over 16 years and never needed unemployment. I am truly thankful for it since jobs are scarce after the holidays.

I have been selling on ebay more and surprisingly have been doing really well with it. The hubby & I have been applying for part-time jobs to supplement unemployment.

I had a job interview today and got hired at a cute little pizza & ice cream shop. They are completely willing to work with my crazy hours (I can only make a certain amount or I lose unemployment) and are excited - most applicants are teenagers (probably due to the pay being less than $8/hour!).

We have been painting & updating my father-in-law's house. He turns 86 years old next month. He is fairly independent for someone his age but he has been thrilled to have us back home. We have painted every room, changed every outlet & light switch, re-arranged the two bedrooms, cleaned out the attic, replaced bedding & curtains and a whole lot more. It has been keeping us busy.

We also had a really, really bad virus on our computer that completely shut it down. Thankfully we have a genius computer friend who was able to fix it and it is working. I am so thankful he didn't have to wipe our photos - I would have lost a bunch.

So...that is what I have been up to. I have been busier unemployed than I had been when I was employed!

Today's Friday Follow is brought to you by my cousin. She is awesome and I love reading her blog.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you guys lost your jobs! I hope you find new things that make you happy (and pay the bills!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your jobs. I will say a prayer that you are able to find something great soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!