Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ebay

I have been selling and buying on ebay for years. I am guessing it has been 7 or 8 years now. It is a hobby I cannot stop. It is a wonderful thing to take a piece of clothing you purchased for $2 and sell it for $20.

Here are a few things I recently sold:

1. Express mini skirt. I loved this skirt and had planned to wear it for New Year's Eve. But we couldn't figure out what to do in our boring town and I fell asleep at 11pm. Never even made it to midnight. Purchased for $1.50, sold for $25.

Photobucket

2. Dressbarn dress. I do surprisingly well with Dressbarn in bigger sizes. I have sold dresses from $15-$30 and they sell quickly. This one was new with tags but I found it at the thrift for $2.50. It sold for $20.

Photobucket

3. American Eagle madras dress. Madras plaid dresses do well, especially in the summer. I went to a new thrift a few weeks ago and when I walked in, they handed me a bag. I could fill the brown paper bag for $5. I filled 8 bags and wound up with about 70 items. I purchased the dress for less than $1 and sold it for $20.

Photobucket

4. Gap skirt. This is a simple skirt made of a stretchy jersey. These skirts do well due to the fact that they have a "yoga" waist - a fold-down waist that you normally find in yoga pants. I have sold them from a lot of companies and have found that Ann Taylor and Gap skirts regularly bring $10-$20. This one sold for $17.99. This was also a bag sale find.

Photobucket

5. This dress sold about a month ago. I loved it so much and hated to see it go. It sold for just $45. Prom dresses and used bridesmaids dresses don't do extremely well on ebay. I paid $4 for it at a thrift.

Photobucket

6. Talbots blazer in a "plus size". Another brand I have been doing well with is Talbots. This jacket was purchased at the bag sale and sold for $35.

Photobucket

7. I hated to see this quilt sell. I purchased this years ago and it has been sitting in my closet. I loved it but never used it. I got $100 for it! I think I paid about $10 for it.

Photobucket

8. This was a bit of a surprise for me. A "restaurant.com" gift card. I got it for free. It sold for $10. Hey, ten dollars is ten dollars!

Photobucket

9. My husband use to collect baseball cards when he was younger. We are going to take most to a buyer at the mall but I keep forgetting them at home when I drive that way. This card brought $21.

Photobucket

10. Taco bell gift cards. Our Taco Bell's had a deal that if you purchased a $20 gift card, you got a free meal. I did this a few times and then sold the gift cards. They went for . . . $20. Ha! This means I got my meals for the ebay fees...about $1.80. Not bad.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish I could have you sell my things..I have so much stuff laying around the house

    or maybe you should write a guide! I'd definitely read that

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!