Monday, March 10, 2014

Thank you for your prayers

Tomorrow is the big day - hospital day! I'm going to get a spinal injection at the local hospital. This is the next step in trying to help my knee pain. 

Thank you for everyone who is praying for me. We leave at 6:10am tomorrow and will be at the hospital most of the day. It is an outpatient procedure and I should be home tomorrow afternoon. 

I will be "put under" for the procedure but I am still just the slightest bit nervous. Not of the actual spinal injection but of what is going to happen afterward. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high that this will work. 

Some fuzzy webcam photos after I washed off my make-up after church yesterday.
I'm tired of sitting in bed and I'm ready to enjoy the spring weather!



{UPDATE}
Well, it went very well! We were out of the hospital in less than 4 hours which is amazing. It is the first time at our local (small) hospital and everyone was extremely nice. 

My favorite part was in the recovery room when all the nurses were gathered around my bed. We were discussing organization and one of the nurses was showing me before/afters on her cell phone. Then one nurse showed us a bunch of photos of her daughter & son-in-law that were expecting twins. It was like I was a part of a friendly group of nurses.

My amazing husband didn't sleep last night and helped me get ready this morning. Here is a photo he took with his cell phone but it may not be the best shot (no pun intended) of us. I have no make-up on and was up at 4am.


We should know in a few days if this works. I was given a lumbar sympathetic injection. I was in the OR for 12 minutes and I woke up from the IV anesthetic in 18 minutes. I believe that may have been a record ;) 

Thank you for all your prayers. I received the sweetest letter yesterday from one of our Compassion kids in India saying that his family and friends were all praying for my knee. How amazing is that?

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!