Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A week of photos

This past week my sister was visiting. Despite my knee, we had a week full of fun. 

-We made hundreds & hundreds of cookies and dozens of cupcakes. Here are two kinds of cupcakes we made: ombre cupcakes and rainbow cupcakes. 


Vanilla icing with different shades of blue & green food coloring.

We were thrilled with the way these came out! 
Some of our cookies displayed on the back counter of our church.

-A lot of sewing! I didn't get a photo of this but we had the sewing machine out for a few days. 

-Tree paintings with a friend and her five children. My sister and I made two a piece and then we weren't exactly sure of what to do with them. My husband dropped them off to Goodwill at their back door while we were shopping there. We turned the corner and saw them. Ha. That was the quickest turn around ever. Our masterpieces were 2 for $1.99. 







-A quick TJ Maxx trip. Guess who got the best deals ever? Me! Look at these tags. I bought about 20 pairs of pants including Michael Kors $125 jeans for $4 each and Levi's skinny jeans for 70 cents. 



We also got this adorable bunny. He is sitting on my entertainment right now but he will be sent to my Yia-Yia (grandmother) in a few weeks. 




-Visiting "our" dog Fred in his new home. 



-Shopping at one of my favorite grocery stores. My leg hasn't been great and so I use a motorized cart to shop. I am so thankful for these carts!




-Celebrating my sister's birthday a week early. We had a "birthday cake" Oreo. Have you tried the birthday cake Oreos? YUM! And the best part is that they have NO milk. 



-Celebrating my father-in-law's 88th birthday at Ponderosa. 



-Lots of board games! My sister surprised me with fun Cookie Monster pants and we wore matching pants during last night's game. 




-We wore a lot of matching outfits this week. I wore Cookie Monster pants, mismatched socks and a lot of Z's Tees tanks and sweats. This "shine" tank was just $6! Ignore my silly face. Webcams are really hard to use in my opinion.



I'm sure we did a lot more but these are the photos we took. It was a fun filled week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I stumbled upon your blog today and I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed reading some of your adventures! I am also an ebayer and am also having knee problems too. Said a prayer for your poor knee. I hope you are able to find some relief very soon. Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I'm sorry you are also having knee problems. Isn't it the worst? I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!