This morning I am driving to a small little thrift about 20 minutes away. They sent me an email last night with news that they have their annual "fill-a-bag" sale. You get to fill a brown paper bag for $5. I can fit a LOT in a paper bag. Last year I bought four bags and counted about 30 pieces.
I have been using my new washer & dryer for the last few days and I love it. It is so fancy. I feel like I should dress up when doing laundry.
Here are some of my recent sales:
1. Vintage Spencer Alexis dress with a few stains, sold for $33.
2. New Vineyard Vines mint green sweater, sold for $30 with 14 bids.
3. New Nine West gray skirt suit, sold for $31.
4. Eileen Fisher merino wool jacket with pills, sold for $43 with 12 bids. We have a saying on ebay: "Don't fear the flaw". This sweater was pilly even after I shaved it. I could have easily just re-donated it. But I thought I would give it a chance. I always disclose the flaws. Some sell, some don't. But it is worth the try.
5. Talbots blue cashmere sweater, sold for $26. I purchased a lot of 15 cashmere sweaters on ebay for $75 with free shipping. I sold the 8 most flawed in a lot for $50. The next three brought $75 and I have 4 of the nicest left.
6. I Love Lucy throws. This one sold for $32 ending with 20 bids. The second brought $20. I purchased these each for $2.99 at Goodwill.
7. George (this is a WAL-MART brand!) leather gold jacket, sold for $35. This was purchased by an international buyer.
8. Isaac Mizrahi Live! (sold on QVC) floral trench, sold for $35.
9. Vintage J. Harlan black dress, sold for $31. This was part of the lot I purchased in September. I have made back 4X my investment and still have over half of the items on ebay.
10. LOGO by Lori Goldstein top, sold for $35. This brand is sold on QVC and is made of the most dreamy material.
11. Long suede skirt with fringe, sold for $50.
12. Geiger long skirt, sold for $31. This one was listed three months ago. Some things sell right away but most sits for a few months. Remember, you are looking for ONE buyer out of millions.
13. Anthropologie Odille skirt, sold for $46.
14. Berek heavy knit cardigan sweater with a fun horse design, sold for $46.
15. J. Jill coral pants & long jacket set, sold for $73.
16. Isaac Mizrahi Live! (yup, QVC) velvet dress, sold for $33. I would have kept this if it was my size. In fact, I tried to find one in my size but couldn't. Isn't it pretty?
17. Rudi Gernreich vintage knit top with flaws, sold for $53.
18. Vintage Tadashi dress, sold for $33. I love dresses from the 1980's!