Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

Visit Joyce and join the fun!  
1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard?  Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?

We use to send post cards to my father-in-law when we traveled. However, we take care of all his mail when we get home so it was almost like sending ourselves a post card. 
 
I think I sent a post card to my husband in May when I was in FL on a girl's vacation.

2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
 
CiCi's Pizza! Ha. We are usually in Florida for our anniversary each year. CiCi's texts us a free buffet each July and so we use it to get an almost free meal. The hubby loves their cinnamon rolls. This year I ate a piece of pizza and a few breadsticks. My stomach does not like when I eat anything with milk and so it was upset for a bit afterward. It was totally worth it though. I adore pizza!

3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?

I'm not sure. I guess so but you would have to check with those around me.


4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?

Nope. I always look stuff up on the internet. When I got married 11 years, I really (really, really!) wanted to see my name in the phone book. I was 22 and thought it sounded like such an adult thing. We paid for a land line and had our name in the phone book for a year. And then I realized we were basically paying hundreds of dollars to see my name in print. Totally not worth it!


5. Would you rather be first or last?
 
Probably last, especially if I don't know what I am doing. By that time, I will have watched how others are doing it and then I will feel more comfortable. 
 
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park?  Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?

We went to a park last night to walk! We are in FL staying at a home for the month. There is a huge and wonderful park a few minutes from the house. It has 9 softball fields, multiple soccer fields, a huge play area, a doggie park, a ginormous track, concession stands, a youth fishing pond, a water park and a ton more that I am forgetting - right in the park! 
 
Last month we went to several National parks while out west. My favorite is the Grand Canyon. Gorgeous!

7.  What was one of your worst ideas?

I am sure I have a ton. LOL. Eating Hershey kisses a few days ago was a bad idea. Walking 3x in one day this past week was another. 
 
My worst was probably buying a time share in Mexico on our honeymoon. Thankfully we were able to sell it since there was a huge maintenance fee.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My new favorite lunch is a pita with roast beef, lettuce and Kraft Asian Sesame dressing. I am eating them almost every day. The dressing is so good I could probably eat it with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!