Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

Linking up with Joyce. 

1.  April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns.  What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'? 

Switching the laundry in the wash to the dryer. I haven't the slightest idea of why I hate this so much.

2. I'm participating in the April 
A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?


Black olives. I do not buy them since I will eat the entire can (true story). I love their salty goodness.

3. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts? 

I haven't really put a ton of thought into this but I think we should shorten the term to 2-years. That way if a president or official isn't doing a great job, we can get someone else in there fairly quickly.

5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride?  Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.

It is funny that this is a question. I am almost never up past 10pm. Yesterday we got stuck at the Miami airport due to the American Airline systems shutting down nationwide. We were supposed to be back at the Pittsburgh airport at 7pm. A nice time. Instead, we were in the air at midnight and we finally arrived back home around 3am this morning.


6.  What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider? 

A spider. I detest them. My husband caught a large spider in our basement last May. It was huge - about 5 or 6" across. Here is his photo:
He was a Pennsylvania fishing spider and they are usually found around creeks and streams. We do not have either in our basement and it still freaks me out to think he was down there.
 

7. I love it when people ask me________________________?

to help with a church event. Especially if I get to bake.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
I'm so glad we are home. We had a wonderful time on our vacation but there is truly no place like home. 
Feeding one of the turtles at the Marriott hotel in Grand Cayman
 

3 comments:

  1. That spider would freak me out too...I'd probably never be able to set foot in my basement again : ) Glad you joined in today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is a huge spider! I don't think I would be brave enough to feed a turtle. I'd love the water there though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the dryer thing- I also detest the folding part as my loveseat will tell you, seeing as he is almost always full of clean clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!