Saturday, April 20, 2013

Earth Day Cookies

So I was on Pinterest looking for cookies for church tomorrow. We have about 150 people that come every Sunday and I try to volunteer once a month to bring the snack. 

I came across this photo: 

Link

And like most things I love on Pinterest, I couldn't find the original post with instructions. 

So I had to experiment. I used regular sugar cookie dough, a sticker of butter, an egg and some food coloring. You will also need flour a bit later.


Who ate raw cookie dough as a child? And who turned out fine? 

Separate the dough into two bowls. One should be larger than the other since the world has more water than land. 

Food coloring! 



Try not to get food coloring all over your fingers like me. 


Then roll out some dough in little strips. 
Twist it together a bit. You may want to use a bit of flour if the dough is too sticky. 

(note: I think I made too many strips. I think three or four would have made a better earth.)


Make a little "log" of the dough. 
Think of when you see or buy rolled dough from the refrigerator section at the grocery store. 



Slice into cookies.


Put the sliced cookie dough on the cookie sheet. Try to keep the dough rounded. 
 

Bake! 



I wrote "Earth Day" on each cookie. After writing it on several cookies, I had to ask my hubby how you spelled "earth". LOL. You know when you write something too many times and it starts to look wrong? Earth has the word 'ear' in it. 

I made way too many cookies so this took about an hour or so. 


Also on the menu for church tomorrow: chocolate chip cookies, butterscotch chocolate chip cookies, pink lemonade cookies, orange coconut cookies and gluten-free lemon muffins. And a giant bowl of cut up strawberries for those that are watching their weight. 

Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pink Lemonade Cookie


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the cookies. And your blog. You inspired me to start my own. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love the pink lemonade cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!