Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

Linking up with Joyce from This Side of the Pond. 


 1. It's National Bike Week...do you own a bicycle? When did you last ride a bike? 



 Yes. It is hanging in our newly organized basement. I haven't ridden it in about a year or so. I prefer walking to biking. It is easier for my stupid knee-that-won't-heal.
 
2. What's something you learned in school that wasn't part of the curriculum?



I learned that it is easier to start your day when you are showered and dressed. My mom homeschooled my sister & I. We could have sat at the table in our jammies every day. But she told us (and forced us some days!) to get dressed. 
I work at home most days and this still holds true. I get more accomplished when I am cleaned and dressed for some reason.

3. What's a food you've never tried, but want to try? What's a food you've tried and will never try again?



I would like to try Indian food. I have never attempted to eat it due to the spices but I think I may like some of it. 
I will never have Brussel sprouts ever again. Yuck. 

4. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Why? Do you think that's a good trend?



Probably more demanding physically but less demanding mentally. For the last two days we have been spreading 24 tons of gravel around our house. I am super sore but it was a great work out. I think it is a good trend.

5. Who is your favorite book, movie, or TV show villain? 

The first that came to my mind was the Veggie Tale's version of Goliath in the story David & Goliath. 


6. How concerned are you about identity theft? 



The hubby & I worked for BMW several years ago. The company leaked our information and we had about $20,000+ of charges on our credit cards. Thankfully we didn't have to pay for them. It still took awhile to cancel the cards, order new ones and dispute the charges. 
So I guess I am slightly more concerned about this than the average person.  

7. I saw this last question on Dawn's blog a couple of week's ago and asked if I could share. Everybody hop over and say hi, but first answer this...would you rather have an ordinary home in an extraordinary place or an extraordinary home in an ordinary place? 



I would rather have an ordinary home in an extraordinary place.  I'm thinking a small cottage on the beach would be amazing.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I'm sooooo glad we have power again. We had storms yesterday that shut it off for hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!