I found the cotton candy bite recipe on Pinterest. They call them cookies but they taste like cotton candy. Plus, some of the members of my church have a gluten-free diet. And these are gluten-free!
Here is the original recipe, from EASYBAKED.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 T. raspberry Jell-O
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Beat egg whites with salt until foaming (takes about 1 minute)
- Add Jell-O and sugar as you beat mixture and beat until it stands in peaks (takes another few minutes)
- Add vinegar and gently mix.
- (if you want, you can add a few mini chocolate chips at this point! yum!)
- Spoon or pipe into small circles on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. (note: if you are piping, put the mixture into a zip-lock bag and snip the end. just make sure that the mixture doesn't get onto the top. it won't zip properly due to the Jell-O crystals)
- Sprinkle with confetti sprinkles or jimmies.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes, turn oven off and allow to sit for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely.