Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What I am looking forward to...

The hubby & I have a game we play. I usually start it and I call it "what we are looking forward to". Each person has to name five things they are ... well ... looking forward to. Ha! 

It helps us stay positive during the day and allows us to be thankful for all the amazing things we have in our lives. 

The things over the years have been big and small. So, here are some things I am looking forward to (By the way - for all you teachers & English majors - I googled ending my sentence with a preposition and it is supposedly now okay. That is a load off of my mind.)

1. Being able to walk without pain or a limp. My knee is slowly healing from surgery and there are entire hours that pass without my thinking about it. I feel I am an overall healthy person and am so thankful for my health. It seems like I spend a lot of time thinking about my knee and I would rather be thinking about...anything else! 

I had most of the back meniscus removed.
You probably didn't even know you had a meniscus in your knee.
I went 32 years without thinking about it.



2. Our next vacation! We won a charity auction for a trip to the Caymen Islands for a few days and we plan on going in February. We love to travel and usually have a few trips in the works. This year we had nothing planned due to my father-in-law's worsening health. Then the auction was won and I am excited. 


3. Cleaning our carpets next week. I know this is an odd thing to be excited about but I love all things that have to do with organizing & cleaning. We clean them every year and it makes such a big difference. All the furniture comes out of the room which means everything will be neat-as-a-pin when we put it back.
Dollar General currently has a $10 mail-in rebate for their machines, which run $25-$30 for a 24 hour rental. 
Check out this website & put in your zip code. It will take you to a printable form.
4. The holidays! Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday of the year. It is a time where I get to see family and eat crescent rolls stuffed with cheese. 

Sprinkle cheese in them before you bake them. YUM!

5. Heaven! This always makes "the list". My hubby & I recently watched a Netflix program called God of Wonders. I would highly recommend it. It is amazing how God created and cares for the universe. And heaven is going to even better than that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!