My husband is back from his quick 2-day trip to Boston. He went to see the Rolling Stones on tour and got home safely last night.
We can now start packing for our trip to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon and Death Valley. We leave on Sunday and will be gone 12 days. We are staying in a condo we found on the Home Exchange website. The owner of the condo won't be coming to our house until next year. The owner of the condo will also be leaving their car for us to use.
My father-in-law is at home and is doing well. The doctor said his lungs sound clear. This was after being in the hospital with pneumonia a week ago. We are glad everything is okay and we can proceed with our trip. We always buy trip insurance just in case.
I'm going to close my ebay store tomorrow (Saturday) so nothing sells when we are gone. Here are a few things that have sold recently:
1. Revo hair brush kit, sold for $64! I purchased this for less than $5 at the thrift. I didn't even have the chance to look it up on my phone since I dropped my phone and cracked the screen.
2. Sebastian conditioner - my last three! If you remember, I purchased each of these for $1. The first three made me $65 profit. My last three sold for $45 and so I made over $100 on these!
3. Talbots monkey printed skirt, sold for $22.
4. Ann Taylor LOFT gray suit, sold for $23. This may have brought more if the pants & jacket had been the same size. The pants were a size 4 and the jacket was a size 0.
5. Jones New York black jersey dress, sold for $20.
6. Lands' End pink modest tankini, sold within a day of listing for $35!
7. Another one of the Target bridesmaid's dresses, sold for $26.
8. New Directions plus-size black cocktail dress, sold for $20.
9. Kay Unger black & white woven dress, sold for $20.
10. New Nine West printed dress, sold for $49.50! I'm so glad I put this on auction. It ended with 23 bids.
11. BCBG Paris (their lower priced brand) black & cream dress, sold for $20.
12. Gap strapless maxi dress, sold for $23.
13. Brooks Brothers suit, sold for $20 due to a hole in the pants. I didn't see the flaw at the thrift.
14. Jones New York gray skirt suit, sold for $20 due to a missing button. I try to look at my items carefully while at the thrift but sometimes I miss a flaw. It is good to know that items with flaws usually still sell. Not only can I recoup the money I paid, but I can usually make some as well!
15. Anthropologie's Postcard brand peplum knit top, sold for $23.
16. Spiegel swimsuit, sold for $26.
17. Talbots brown wool blend pants, sold for $20.
18. Anthropologie's Tabitha brand brown skirt, sold for $20.
19. Talbots brown sateen floral skirt, sold for $20.
20. J. Jill linen blend ivory skirt, sold for $20.