Sunday, November 30, 2014

Week in Photos - 11/30/14

Happy almost December! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

This week we had my mom & sister visit for the holiday. Since it was just the four of us, we decided to go to a buffet for Thanksgiving.

This is what my hubby's second plate looked like. I had little fried chicken drumsticks, a pile of black olives, corn and mashed potatoes. Yum!



November means major cleaning in our house. My awesome hubby cleaning out every cabinet and then retouched the white paint.


My sister got me this gray, yellow & white blanket. It matches my gray & white sheets perfectly. I love these colors together.


We made some fun peppermint body scrubs. Olive oil, peppermint oil (or extract), white sugar, coconut oil and a bit of red food coloring (optional). It smelled so good.


Here was our finished product. Here is the recipe (thanks Pinterest):
2 cups granulated white sugar
1/3 cup light olive oil
1/8 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp peppermint extract or essential oil (we used both so it smells extra peppermint-y)

Combine all the ingredients and then divide the scrub into two bowls. Color one with red food coloring.


My mom topped one of my gifts with this adorable snowman. Growing up my mom had a set of these that we would put out every Christmas. That set is long gone but this little guy brings back so many memories.


Our file cabinet/TV stand/dresser/storage unit is done! I will be posting a tutorial next week.


I had this adorable t-shirt custom made. The Giving Tree is one of my all time favorite books.


And one last silly photo. My mom gave me dry shampoo. My hair is super oily. The dry shampoo turned my hair a lovely gray color. After I brushed it, it did fade and seemed to absorb some of the oil.


3 comments:

  1. You sound like you had fun and are in good spirits. I am so glad!! Love the peppermint body scrubs ~ What a great idea! I cannot wait to hear about
    the file cabinet/storage unit ~ it looks awesome!!! Praying you are feeling better for good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a lot of dun some really good food and yes major part is cleaning i like neat and clean homes and i specially liked your kitchen very much . keep growing my love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!