Sunday, July 27, 2014

More soon

I promise I will try to blog more this coming week. 

I am just finishing day 3 of a Fentanyl withdrawal. I had no idea it would be this bad. For those of you who have detoxed from any kind of drug addiction, you are strong! Wow. 

I only took Fentanyl for about 3 weeks. I decided to take off my last patch Thursday evening. I didn't feel it was helping with my pain. 

I called my doctor's office Friday morning to tell them I would not be picking up my prescription for the higher dose of Fentanyl since I had stopped it. The doctor was off and wouldn't be back to Monday. But the nurse would let him know.

No one told me this would be tough. No one told me I would feel like I was dying with the worst flu of my life. And I thankfully didn't google it until I was done with day 1. I may not have tried this cold turkey. They usually step you down slowly.


One of my church friends also went through a Fentanyl withdrawal after a major surgery. She also said it was one of the hardest things she has ever done. She said it takes about 6 days but it gets better on day 4. I just keep telling myself to get through the next hour, and then the next. 

More soon. On the plus side, I now have a lot of time for praying. So if anyone wants me to pray for them, let me know. You are welcome to email me personally: fbc@inbox.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!