Sunday, July 31, 2016

New Dog (way too many photos)

Photo credit: Rescue A Dog, Inc.
 This will be a fairly short post but I wanted to introduce you all to Callie! She is a 4 year old Maltese/Poodle mix who is also a service dog. She is about 6.5 pounds.
Photo credit: Rescue A Dog, Inc.

My husband mentioned getting a small dog several times (a lot!) over the last few months.
 My husband mentioned getting a small dog several times (a lot!) over the last few months. We finally signed up to foster small dogs in our area a few weeks ago but we were warned that small dogs go quickly and usually don't need foster homes.

We visited a local dog shop to hold a few small dogs but I knew that I didn't want to pay over $2000 for a dog nor did I want to buy a puppy. I really wanted to rescue a dog if we could.


Photo credit: Rescue A Dog, Inc.
This past Tuesday I went on local rescue sites for the first time since moving to FL. It was 9pm and there was a sweet dog who was listed that day. Callie.
 She was a service dog for those with anxiety (me!).
 I called the rescue that night thinking I would leave a message. I spoke with a kind woman who directed us to fill out an application.

We filled it out immediately and followed up the next day. They let us know that Callie was extremely popular and not to get our hopes up.
 Then we got a call to set up a "meet & greet" on Saturday.
 Yesterday we picked up Callie. She is just so sweet and we cannot believe how much we love her already.
 The rescue supplied us with some food, treats, a toy, adorable little clothes and a bunch of other stuff.
 Bare (my husband) will be heading to a pet store later today for a dog toothbrush, toothpaste (or whatever they use) and some other necessities.
 She has fit right into our (boring) routine and we watched HGTV together this morning. She mostly slept.
 I'm home almost all day every day and she will be a wonderful companion for me.
She loves our front yard & going outside. She was also pretty great when we bathed her.


Isn't she sweet?
Thank you SO much to Leanne & the people who work at Rescue A Dog, Inc. We are in love with Callie.


6 comments:

  1. She is going to be such a wonderful blessing for you! Dogs are great companions when your hubby is not home. Happy for you :)
    Donna, ny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! She has been amazing this last week! :)

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful-Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That bought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. I am so pleased for you, she looks beautiful. I truly hope she brings you the peace and comfort you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much tyty! She is a sweetie and has been almost no trouble at all. We have been blessed. You are such an encouragement!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!