Friday, June 13, 2014

And the trial is over...

A few days ago I went to the local hospital for a spinal stimulator trial. I have RSD in my left leg and the device was meant to help that pain.

I went home from the hospital with back pain. I normally don't have back pain but all the nurses said that being sore from surgery was normal. But I wasn't just sore. I was in major pain. That night I couldn't lay down or even sit without major pain.

The day after surgery I called the doctor's office and they wanted to see me that day. It turns out that 9 out of 10 people don't have pain after surgery. I am one of the "lucky" 10% though.

The doctor took out the wires that were going into my spine and the second wire was the one causing pain. They aren't sure what happened but I got a prescription for muscle relaxers.

And just like that, the trial was over. I only had it for 24 hours. Did it help with my knee pain? Yes. I loved the buzzing sensation going down my leg. However, the back pain was really, really intense. And so that may have distracted me from the knee pain.

I will not be having the actual surgery at this time. It just seems like anything that could go wrong does. My back still hurts but thankfully not as bad. I have been able to sleep which is wonderful.

Thank you for all your prayers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!