I haven't post in awhile and that is because I am on vacation in Florida. I will be back next week. The internet is very slowly and spotty here at the condo and we are spending most of our day at the beach.
1. It's National Bike
Week...do you own a bicycle? When did you last ride a bike?
Yes. It is hanging in our newly organized basement. I haven't ridden it in about a year or so. I prefer walking to biking. It is easier for my stupid knee-that-won't-heal.
2. What's something you learned in school that
wasn't part of the curriculum?
I learned that it is easier to start your day when you are showered and dressed. My mom homeschooled my sister & I. We could have sat at the table in our jammies every day. But she told us (and forced us some days!) to get dressed.
I work at home most days and this still holds true. I get more accomplished when I am cleaned and dressed for some reason.
3. What's a food you've never tried, but want to
try? What's a food you've tried and will never try again?
I would like to try Indian food. I have never attempted to eat it due to the spices but I think I may like some of it.
I will never have Brussel sprouts ever again. Yuck. 4. Have you been more demanding on yourself
lately or less? Why? Do you think that's a good trend?
Probably more demanding physically but less demanding mentally. For the last two days we have been spreading 24 tons of gravel around our house. I am super sore but it was a great work out. I think it is a good trend. 5. Who is your favorite book, movie, or TV show
villain? The first that came to my mind was the Veggie Tale's version of Goliath in the story David & Goliath.
6. How concerned are you about identity theft?
The hubby & I worked for BMW several years ago. The company leaked our information and we had about $20,000+ of charges on our credit cards. Thankfully we didn't have to pay for them. It still took awhile to cancel the cards, order new ones and dispute the charges.
So I guess I am slightly more concerned about this than the average person. 7. I saw this last question onDawn's bloga couple of week's ago and asked if I could share. Everybody hop over
and say hi, but first answer this...would you rather have an ordinary home in
an extraordinary place or an extraordinary home in an ordinary place?
I would rather have an ordinary home in an extraordinary place. I'm thinking a small cottage on the beach would be amazing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm sooooo glad we have power again. We had storms yesterday that shut it off for hours.
The hubby & I have been working on organizing and cleaning our basement this past week. It has been a HUGE project but we are both enjoying it. Photos will be posted when we are done. Next week my ebay store will be put on 'vacation mode' which is where everything is hidden. Here is what has sold over the last few days: 1. Rachel Pally jersey dress, sold for $35.
2. Chico's slinky travel capri pants, sold for $20.
3. Lot of 2 Lilly Pulitzer t-shirts. I purchased these since there were two. I probably would have left them if there was only 1. I got two for $4. Sold for $26.
4. Shovhuus dress, sold for $40. This dress just looked interesting. I used my phone to look up the brand before purchasing it.
5. Talbots dark brown printed dress, sold for $20.
6. Talbots white lace & black dress, sold for $25.50.
7. Laundry by Design halter dress, sold for $20. This is not a brand I usually buy but this one was new with tags and the retail was $115.
8. Talbots Woman black wool blend skirt, sold for $33 within MINUTES of listing!
9. Wen SixThirteen treatment, sold for $20.
10. Carole Little silk skirt, sold for $20.
11. Trina Turk coral summer dress, sold for $30.
12. J. Crew mushroom print dress, sold for $38.
13. St. John santana knit skirt, sold for $37.
14. Tahari by Arthur S. Levine gray suit, sold for $55.
15. Ann Taylor silk summer dress, sold for $35.
16. Vera Bradley "English rose" frame bag, sold for $55. I purchased this from the VB last week for about $45. However, by purchasing this I got free shipping PLUS a 3-piece cosmetic bag set (which I have already sold for $20).
17. Trifari vintage bracelet, sold for $40.
18. Ralph Lauren striped sleeveless sweater top, sold for $20.50.
19. Scott McClintock vintage dress, sold for $29. I was pretty excited to sell this to a vintage store out of CA. I became friends with them on Facebook and they post all their items. I cannot wait to see it on one of their models.
20. Banana Republic silk wrap dress, sold for $25.
21. Boston Proper cranberry sleeveless dress, sold for $34.
22. Talbots cream, brown & blue printed skirt, sold for $20.
23. Ralph Lauren black faux sherpa vest, sold for $20.
24. Talbots dark red dress, sold for $20.
25. Tahari by Arthur S. Levine dress, sold for $30.
26. Iron Fist reversible hoodie, sold for $20.
27. Talbots pima cotton gray skirt, sold for $21.50.
28. Eddie Bauer long corduroy skirt, sold for $20.
29. Caroline Rose printed tunic, sold for $45. This is another brand I had never heard of. Thanks to my cell phone, I was able to quickly look up the brand on ebay and know it would go for a good price.
30. Boden teal & black dress, sold for $31.
31. Ann Taylor LOFT white summer skirt, sold for $20.
32. Laura Ashley floral strapless dress, sold for $50.
Yesterday we had snowflakes here in PA. Tomorrow it will be 80 degrees. Crazy weather! We are going to clean the basement today. I'm pretty excited since I love to organize. Here are a few things that have sold recently: 1. Bryn Walker pink linen skirt, sold for $21.
2. Chico's dark gray twinset, sold for $25.
3. Boden velvet skirt, sold for $23.
4. Lands' End turquoise floral swimsuit, sold for $23.
5. Ann Taylor LOFT solid black jersey dress, sold for $21.
6. BCBG dark teal strapless dress, sold for $32.
7. Gap polka dot pants, sold for $25.
8. Maurice's peacock print maxi dress, sold for $30.
9. I purchased this bracelet from a seller on etsy years ago. Again, I wore it only a few times. It says "I love you" in Greek. Sold for $23.50.
10. Chico's "family tree" owl print top, sold for $32. This one surprised me since it was Chico's smallest size.
11. J. Crew mustard yellow ruffle cardigan, sold for $25.
12. Rachel Roy sequin tank, sold for $20.
13. Nally & Millie sweater top, sold for $20.
14. Coldwater Creek full navy printed skirt, sold for $20.
15. Stangl vintage casserole dish, sold for $21.50. The ebay app on my phone helped me with this purchase. Goodwill wanted $3.99 for it. I had no idea of this was a good deal or not. After checking my app, I knew it would make me a solid $15 profit.