Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday Link Up

I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy for the "What I Wore Wednesday" series. This is my second time linking up with her blog. 


I am a full-time ebay seller which means I go to thrift stores three times a week and stay home and list on ebay on the other days. I have no real need to dress up and so I had mostly been wearing yoga pants and t-shirts. 

I am trying to put a bit more effort into dressing and I think (and hope) it is showing a bit. 

This week I used a tripod and my photos came out a bit better. Yippee! 


Thrifting on Friday:


Dress: Style & Co., purchased for $2 at a thrift


A fun pink stripe in my hair thanks to the Kevin Murphy color bug. It is temporary chalk for your hair.


Church on Sunday
T-Shirt: Walmart, about $5
Skirt: J. Crew, purchased on ebay for $50
Shoes: Privo! by Clarks, purchased at TJ Maxx




I put a braid along my hair line and left my hair down for church. Later in the day I put the braid in a pony tail. 


Thrifing on Monday

Shorts: Express, purchased at the thrift for $3. 
Top: Old Navy, purchased at the thrift for $4
Sandals: Merrell. I have these in just about every color they make. Purchased from ebay.
Necklace: handmade for me by NEIL COOPER on etsy
 The hair was a bit neat in front and sloppy in back.


Staying at home on Tuesday


This outfit is a bit crazy with the colors: aqua green and orange. Not your usual combo but I felt colorful while wearing it. 
Skirt: Gap, purchased at a consignment shop for $2
T-Shirt: Gap, purchased from the UK on ebay
Sports Bra: Wal-Mart, 3 of them for $10 (they are my favorite!)
And the crazy braid I wore. I love braiding my hair and trying new styles. I won't be wearing this one again since it is a bit too messy for me. It was four braids that worked around my head and then gathered at my neck into a crazy bun.

  pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your hair! Cute outfits too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog and I love it!
    I'm your newest follower - hope you can check me out too! : )

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Visiting from WIWW, and I love that you are 1. A thrifter, and 2. A full time ebay seller! How fun is THAT????? Really enjoyed your outfits (esp. the nautical one w/ the lobster skirt) and lovely hairstyles you try. It has inspired me to get a little creative with MY hairstyles. What's the point of having long hair if you just pull it back in a ponytail everyday when you're home, right?S Anyway, nice to "meet" you, and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristin! Sometimes I just throw up my hair in a messy bun - especially if I am staying home. It is just easier. I do love braiding though! Thanks for stopping by.

    Pretty Little Things - Thanks! I'm going to check our your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different braided hairstyles! Super cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!